Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Two Words

"If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in two words?"

That's the question posted to facebook today that has me thinking... which would probably be one of many two word notes to my younger self - Don't Overthink! And for the sake of this piece "over think" is one word ;-)

I have some ideas kicking around in my head that seem to fall into natural categories. Let's try this.


Drink Water
Eat Less
Move Daily
Save Money
Spend Less
Buy Thoughtfully

Don't Chase
Love Comes
Be Patient
Don't Push
Don't Settle

Try Harder
Keep Going
You Can
Dream Bigger
Take Risks
Be Fearless
Be Brave

Be Amazing
Be Astonishing
Be Positive
Breathe Life
Live Life

I guess this is where the phrase 'hindsight is 20/20' comes from. All the wasted moments. Well, not wasted. They've gotten me here. This place called second chances. Where I now can look back and say to my younger self "Hey, you won't understand any of what I'm going to tell you, but you will when you're in your 40's".

It may have taken a while to get here, but I'm glad I'm smart enough to listen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment