"Second half of my life." It was not my intention to make that sound so morbid. But it is true, so let's just face facts, shall we.
As promised, I have comprised my bucket list. It is my hope that if I start now, I'll have plenty of time to reminisce about all that I did after I've done it... and bore people to tears recounting the tale.
In no particular order but this is the way it came to mind:
- write a book
- be successful enough to write a second
- take an extended UK castle tour; if they're haunted all the better
- travel to the pyramids of Egypt; make a discovery
- travel to Iceland; soak in a geothermal pool
- live on Nantucket for at least a month; write my memoirs
- own a vacation home near water; read
- learn to sew; design and make my own clothes
- learn to ski; ski in Switzerland
- relearn how to play mah jongg; play with my aunts in the Philippines
- own a small retail business; be closed Tuesdays
- make considerable donations to charities and causes I feel strongly about; have the family name on at least one brass plaque in one professional arts center
- do more than my part to clean the ocean; never stop
- retire to a doorman building in a major city; if the doorman's name is Johnnie all the better; he should call me Mrs. T
- make sure my husband keeps his dream of owning a sailboat and sailing all of the Atlantic
- make sure my daughter has every possible tool for her success in all aspects of her life
- love my life with no regrets
There you have it. My bucket list (alterations as needed). I'm happy with it. And it's something I can start doing right now. From now on, just call me Mrs. T. Just kidding ;-)
Happy Birthday To Me!