Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Poof" Go Away

I'm going to Hell one day. There has to be a consequence for what I'm about to say.

I just want to get it out of my system and hopefully that will be where my pain and frustration end... for the time being.

I wish someone gone. I'm not saying who and I'm not saying why. I'm not asking for some horrific fate. I just want them to "poof" go away. Bye-bye. No more.

Honestly, and I've given this some thought, I don't think anyone who was being truly real with themselves, would miss this person.

This person is bitter and delusional and those are their best qualities. This person is a liar and judgmental, ignorant and loud and opinionated, lacking in social graces, charm, personality, taste, and they have absolutely no sense of humor. And they stink; really they smell. OK, now I'm just being petty... oh wait, I forgot petty.

But their worst crime is that I have had to endure their very presence for most of my life. The ultimate bully, mean and stupid, turning people who should have my back, against me. The thought of this person turns my stomach. And as I am solidly middle-aged, this is far too "playground drama" for me. I'm done. I want out.

But seeing as how I can't wish someone away, I'm going to have to figure out how I can deal with the situation better. Fight fire with fire perhaps. Throw it back instead of take it. Stand my ground since logic and reason will be on my side. Easier said than done.

Off to bed now. I feel better for having put this out of my head and down on "paper". Perhaps a new day will bring a new perspective... or at least a way to avoid seeing this person ever again.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I never wish anyone dead (anymore)... I just wish that would get on a rocket-ship and fly away to Mars :) See, I'm not evil!

    By the way, do you *really* have to deal with them? Can you not, as excruciatingly hard as it would be (in the short term), freeze them out? I've dealt with a similar situation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,
    Like the classic bully, they seek me out.
    Sadly, they are part of my life so if I choose to have others in my life, it's a pretty much a package deal... though I could save myself a lot of grey hair and get rid of the whole lot of them, but I'm not that kind of person.
    I believe the mere presence of this person in my life, makes me a stronger person. Does that sound a bit masochistic of me? I'm really not that crazy ;-)

    ReplyDelete