Monday, April 11, 2011

It's A Go

I told you last time that my daughter had been accepted into the "gifted and talented" program offered through our public schools. We had a fairly even pro/con list and we were waiting for our impressions of the school to push us one way or the other.

During the Open House, the parents and children were sent on separate tours to have their individual experiences. My husband and I asked our questions and listened to the answers given to all the parents concerns. We took the tour of the school and heard from current students and their parents. By the time we met back up with our daughter, we had been convinced that this was an opportunity we did not want her to miss. And apparently, we were not alone. She ran up to us with wide eyes and said "I love it here!"

That was all we needed. We said we'd sleep on it and discuss it again come the end of the weekend since I was going out of town. But our opinions did not change. By Sunday night, it was a done deal.

I sent her paperwork in this morning. I'm less nervous and more excited than I was before. It's going to be an adjustment but also an adventure. My little girl is growing up and I am so proud.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! It's bittersweet to watch them grow up, isn't it? They aren't babies any more and that makes me sad but I am really looking forward to being good friends with them when they are adults as well. It actually kinds freaks me out (in a good way) to think that I'll be in my 60's and my kids will be real grownups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Joan! Now I'm kinda freaked out too! When I'm 60, my daughter will be 25. No, no, block that one out! I'm not ready for that reality ;-)

    ReplyDelete