Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Life In Numb3rs

6 weeks since my last post.
4 months since I've written with any regularity.
2nd day of my daughter's 3rd grade year.
10 years from now she'll be starting her 1st year of college.
2 months until my 15th anniversary.
0 dollars in my checking account since I just paid the balance on our 7-day cruise.
900 dollars is the estimate for regular maintenance my husband's 6 year old car.
31st of the month is payday... it's also bill paying day.
17 years since I was 120 pounds yet 1/2 my closet is still devoted to the clothes I used to fit in.
6.0 was my blood sugar level 6 weeks ago when I learned I was pre-diabetic.
400 more carb-filled calories than I should have consumed today.
43 1/2 years old and it's just occurred to me that I'm solidly middle-aged.
15 hours since I read my friend's blog that got me thinking about paths we take in life... numbers of options offered to us, numbers of decisions made for us, numbers of alternate routes diverted by us. Infinite roads, just 1 life.

I'm 95% happy with the life I've created. The remaining 5% is reserved for the checkbook and the scale both of which I'm 100% responsible in the blame of their current condition and in their potential overhaul. And I'm 99% committed to change... the 1% is for days I "need" a cookie ;-)