Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blood Work Results

Diagnosis: Pre-Diabetes.

I'm still in the early stages of coming to terms with what needs to be done. I have the power to turn the tide and slow down or reverse this disease, and I plan on doing just that.

I'm not a "woe is me" person and I have no patience for being sick. The growing list of symptoms over the past week, (that if I really think about it have been present to a lesser extent for months and I did nothing about it) were the warning shots. It's time to fire back!

If you're reading this, I'm not looking for pity nor put-downs. I'm fully aware that I brought this on myself and I'm more than capable of handling the situation myself. [Anger is one of the early stages of acceptance if you're noting a "tone".]

More on the subject later. For now, I'm going to research what needs to be done.
Thank you for listening.

3 comments:

  1. There are so many things now-a-days that CAN be done! So you are in luck! Prior, if you were diagonosed..you just waited to waste away. Me thinks YOU aren't going to do that.
    :-)

    So...yes! Get angry! And get at it! I sawa an episode on Dr. Oz the other day while waiting for an appointment and a woman completely rid herself of diabetes just by altering her diet and exercise habits.

    Then there's my boyfriends dad who at 65 is just waiting to die from it. Dialysis every night. Can't hardly eat becuase he can't keep food down. Other compounding health issues that they are ignoring...it's sad. I don't think he'll be around next year. Let's just say he's given up. Completely.

    {{{{hugs}}} to you in support!!!!
    Go Girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy.

    I've slipped back from anger to fear but it hasn't been 12 hours since I found out so at this rate I should be through all the stages of acceptance by dinner tomorrow ;-)

    I wish for relief for your boyfriend's father. And on another note, I haven't had time to read my favorite blogs in months and clearly I missed your post about a new beau. Looks like I have some catching up to do ;-)
    All My Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I'm sorry. There is something wrong with the system today and it deleted both your comment and my response. I have my response saved because I was having trouble posting it in the first place. What a mess! Below was my reply:
    ******************
    Thank you Nancy.

    I've slipped back from anger to fear but it hasn't been 12 hours since I found out so at this rate I should be through all the stages of acceptance by dinner tomorrow ;-)

    I wish for relief for your boyfriend's father. And on another note, I haven't had time to read my favorite blogs in months and clearly I missed your post about a new beau. Looks like I have some catching up to do ;-)
    All My Best.

    ReplyDelete