Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Got Nothin'

Since I started blogging, I've never missed a week; not one. In fact, most weeks I've posted more than once. But here I am, sitting down to write, with nothing to say. Yeah, I can't believe it either. The minutia of life, the craziness of the holidays, the altercations with the public at large... NOTHING!

I met a friend for a quick Starbucks today and came to the realization that if I'm not bitching about something or railing against one thing or another, she and I don't have much of anything to discuss. How sad. I sat there listening to her complain about her last shopping experience and I just couldn't muster my usual enthusiasm to be the company to her misery.

Have I become, dare I say, too happy to partake in daily kvetching. What will become of my finely tuned sarcasm? Will I have to start wearing floral prints in sunny yellow, instead of my urban uniform of black? What will I write about if I'm not yelling?!

Well, this is just unacceptable. I'm clearly exhausted from the "to much to do and not enough time to do it" syndrome. I'm sure that once the holidays are over and I've spent a week with my family and I've come home to a construction zone, I'll be back to posting 3, 4, 9 times a week.

Until then, I'll be humming a happy tune and hoping I don't scare any of the kids at my daughter's school with my crazy lady grinning. Better keep wearing black so I'm somewhat recognizable ;-).

6 comments:

  1. Haha....I can't say I can relate 100% to this...but enough to say that I've got at least one foot in the same boat. My mind is coming up blank tonight as well. I've been staring at the 'new post' page for over an hour and it's still blank. But I have all these emotions that I feel need let out of their cage...but I can't find the right words to unlock it. Very frustrating. But anyways....I'm rambling again. Sorry.

    I'll be glad when you start posting more often...I love reading what you have to say...even if it's like this post. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes inspiration comes from nothin'. To be honest, I didn't think I'd get passed the first sentence, so I suppose I can officially call this blurb a post - heehee.
    And while I may not have an actual topic this time around, I always have you, Gavin, to find something of value in my blog and compliment me on it. Talk about being happy =D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well everything a person writes has some sort of value. True it may not always be some deep profound aspect that some of us would like to think as we wax philosophic, but oh well, just the fact that you actually wrote down as much as you did was pretty good considering your slight loss for words. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm never "completely" at a loss for words, Gavin... you should know that about me by now ;-).
    Enjoy the rest of your week, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry; you'll get your writing "mojo" back! Just stopping by to say hello and thank you for the wonderful comment you left for me on my holiday table post. I loved hearing about your grandmother and her love of beautiful things.

    Wishing you Happy Holidays!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. And happy holidays to you too, Bill!
    Looking forward to seeing what lovelies you create in 2010! :-)
    My Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete