Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Can't Get My Act Together

Try as I might, I can't get my act together.

First it was being sick that got me off track, then it was lack of time because of too many plans and commitments, now, it's just because I've lost my focus.

It's this same foggy thought pattern that has put a halt to my blog. I just can't seem to get my head on straight.

To do lists get made, but nothing gets done. Piles are created, but only seem to grow. Hours pass so fast, I never know where the time went or what I was doing during it.

This would all make sense if I drank.

OK. I am committed to accomplishing at least 3 more things before my daughter's school day is over. What will they be? The list is endless at this point so I have my pick. I'm just hoping to check something, anything, off.

It unfortunately doesn't look like it's going to be my little blog. You need a working brain for that and apparently, I've lost mine in one of these damn piles.

8 comments:

  1. I have days like that. A lot. Luckily today isn't one of them. I hope you find the time to blog again soon. I love reading what you post. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to everyone once and a while :) Sending help to find your head your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both.

    I did accomplish those "at least 3 things". To bad they were things like change over my daughter's closet for the change in weather. Not very exciting stuff, but I did earn some check-marks on my list nonetheless.

    I promise to have something by week's end even if it's just a list of future blog posts. What's one my list in my life after all ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. -throws confetti- Good for you, Bonnie. (: It always feels good to put another check on your list, even if it's not a very big one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! My post here is full of typos. I can't catch a break.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better (ie more productive) day.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is me for the last few weeks. Don't worry, Bonnie. There shouldn't be any pressure on blogging, so don't sweat the blog stuff... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon, we are going through 'spring fever' here in Texas - the weather is finally nice enough to get outside and play without broiling or freezing. Needless to say, my routine and all of my chores have gone by the wayside. Cut yourself some slack... the to-do list isn't going ANYWHERE... I promise... :-) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you friends.
    I did have a much more productive day, but I can see that if I REALLY want to get stuff done, I'm just going to have to spend more hours awake.
    This sinus infection has really messed with my need for sleep. I've been waking up late and going to bed early. Two more days of Rx and then - Watch Out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete