Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Today I received an early Christmas gift from my blogosphere friend Gavin at http://insanitysmusings.blogspot.com/. This Santa-fied Lemonade Stall Award has been given to me with the task of choosing 5 blogs I enjoy to introduce you all to. I'm not sure what this award means - do I leave a sour taste in my readers' mouths or am I refreshing to read on a Summer's day? But an award given in kindness and mutual respect is a gift I'm more than willing to accept... greedily ;-).
As for my task at hand, I'll have to give it some thought. There are blogs I enjoy that have already received a good number of awards so I'd rather share the wealth. Additionally, there are friends of mine that have blogs I'd like you to read but they're so bad about keeping up with them that there wouldn't be much to read.
I promise to pay my good fortune forward within the week.
Thank you again, Gavin. I'm so honored, dare I say pleased as punch... or rather, lemonade ;-).
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I've never liked to think of my "best days being behind me". I've been proud to say that I've lived each phase of my life to it's fullest, enjoying all the highs and lows, taking that proverbial "bite out of life and letting the juices roll down my chin" attitude - well, maybe not the juice part. We all know by now how much I hate a sticky mess.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
- I love to watch Food Network and read recipes, but I don't like to cook.
- I love clean, modern lines, but my style is comfy, traditional.
- I'm preppy pink and green to the core, but I wear black 99% of the time.
- I love fashion, but hate to dress up.
- I love books, but don't make reading a priority.
- I love TV, but rarely watch.
- I imagine myself thin while I eat cheese and cookies.
- I'm a morning person who needs "5 more minutes".
- I like to watch tennis, but I don't play.
- I wish I could do a cartwheel, but I don't want to try.
- I love the theatre, but I hate drama.
- I love abstract art, but I rarely "get" it.
- I love the beach, but I dislike the feeling of sand.
- I love coastal living, but don't swim, sail, surf, or sunbathe.
- I love a rainy day as long as I don't have to go outside.
- I abhor rudeness, but am oft times judgmental - which is rude.
- I love the idea of traveling, but I'm a homebody.
- I'm outgoing, but I'm anti-social.
- I'm short, but I've been told my personality makes me seem taller.
- I love long hair, but I wear mine short.
- I come from a big family, but have only one child.
- I willingly moved out of New Jersey, but wear my Jersey girl status as a badge of honor.
- I hate dog hair, but have a huge dog that sheds like mad.
- I haven't had a cigarette in decades, but miss it all the time.
- I love to learn, but hate to study.
- I love that NYC is gritty, but hate that it's dirty.
- I hate politics but I support many causes.
- I secretly love Hummers, but think people who own them are asses.
- I love a silent house, but I turn up the radio in the car.
- I talk to acquaintances daily, but my best friends rarely.
- I like to keep in touch, but I hate the phone.
- I love to give surprises, but I hate to get them.
- I hate dust, but hate to dust.
- I love places and events that draw crowds, but I hate crowds.
- I need to do a lot of things I don't want to, and I do a lot of things I don't need to.